- The Journal of Health Care Chaplaincy is inviting authors to submit scholarly articles based on original research, quality assurance/improvement studies, descriptions of programs and interventions, program/intervention evaluations, and literature reviews on topics pertinent to pastoral care and counseling in relation to physical and mental health. Scholarly articles on all relevant topics will be considered.
Of particular interest to psychologists of religion, they seek articles that address the following areas:
- • Clinical Pastoral Education – Training, Evaluation, Outcomes
• Standards of Practice and Best Practices
• Defining and Contrasting Spiritual and Pastoral Care
• Measuring Patients Spiritual and Emotional Needs
• Outcome-Oriented Chaplaincy and Measuring Chaplain Effectiveness
• Spiritual Assessment and Interventions
• Spiritual Distress and Health Outcomes
• The Chaplain as Part of the Interdisciplinary Team
They prefer empirically-grounded articles written in APA style.