3/23/2008

But You Can't Do That! Lecture on Service

I was honored this year with the Excellence in Service award from my university. As part of this, I deliver a lecture about my service, the focus of which will be my webpage and the work I've done online. The title of my talk will be "But You Can't Do That! Public Adventures in the Psychology of Religion." The title comes from a comment I heard while attending the Society for the Scientific Study of Religion meeting in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina years ago. A man on the street noticed my SSSR name badge and declared, "You can't do that!" Thus began one of many conversations I have had with people about studying religion using scientific methods, and this will be the starting point for my talk.

So, consider yourself invited to hear more about this and other stories. The talk will be held Tuesday, March 25th, at 4:00 pm in the College of Information Technology building, rm. 3301, at Georgia Southern University.

1 comment:

RTC said...

Sounds like it will be a great talk. You should record it and put it up on your site as a podcast!

Sorry I won't be able to be there in person, but I'd definitely download it.

Congrats!